Golden Globe Nominationsâ??Earth-Shattering
Published December 11, 2008
This morning the Golden Globes—the Hollywood Foreign press’s harbinger of awards to come—announced its nominees, culling from the darkest slums of India and the sexiest streets of Spain to the tree-lined streets of Connecticut where domestic disturbances lie. Tom Cruise takes the most surprising nom for weighing in laughs as an over-sized studio head in Tropic Thunder. While Mickey Rourke seems close to a knockout in the Best Actor category, Penn, Pitt, Langella and DiCaprio have a few rounds left in them yet. As for the leading ladies, under the direction of her husband Kate Winslet gets my vote and Penelope Cruz is the siren of the season. Then again, we’ll have to wait for January 11 to see what really happens.
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- Anna Khachiyan Shares Her Gut Reactions On Everything From Toxic Masculinity to ‘Vanderpump Rules’
- Rick Owens and Miley Cyrus on Rock Stars, Recklessness, and Life on the Road
- “I’m a WASP with a WAP”: Chloe Fineman on Chloe Fineman
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress