Hollywood Holiday: Marley & Me
Published December 26, 2008
Yesterday, grinches worldwide nibbled on moo shoo and went to the movies. More Americans went to see Marley & Me than The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, though they had 492 more theaters to choose from. In spite of its Dickensian title, the Jennifer Aniston-/Owen Wilson-vehicle had gone largely under our radar, although this certainly explains that recent media barrage. All the same, viewers by the cage-full watched while 22 dogs portrayed over a decade in the life of the eponymous golden retriever. Aniston and Wilson go relatively untouched by the decade of narration—though Pitt in Benjamin Button certainly has them beat there.
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Meet Roberto Lugo, the Potter Making Ceramics of Biggie and Basquiat
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True