In which we suggest who should star in the next big adaptation, remake, or historical film.
Variety has reported that a biopic of George Washington has gotten the green light and will be directed by Darren Aronofsky, who shifts his attention from Black Swan to lame duck. The film is titled The General and will likely focus on Washington’s military career and election to the presidency, rather than his decidedly less glorious second term. The project follows a number of early American political dramas that have served as award magnets for actors and useful study guides for high school students. If Aronofsky made Swan Lake feel like a matter of life and death, we’re eager to see the outcome where the stakes are slightly higher than nailing an audition. We’ve chosen six members of Washington’s inner circle—founding fathers and the women who generously tolerated their wig powder—and the actors and actresses we think should revive them. Facial recognition tools don’t recognize oil paintings, so cut us some slack with aesthetic similarity.
For more Casting Calls click here.
- Adam Sandler Interviews Aubrey Plaza About Her Mind-Blowing New Role
- Like Everyone Else, Mackenzie Davis and Charlize Theron Discuss Happiest Season
- Kaley Cuoco and David Spade on Flight Attendants, Bad Reviews, and Fake Feuds
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Nick Kroll and Seth Rogen Trade Summer Camp Horror Stories