In which we suggest who would star in the next big adaptation, remake, or historical film.
It’s heeerreeeeeee. By “it,” we mean the remake of the 1982, Oscar-nominated, phantasmic thriller classic, Poltergeist! Meet the Freelings, a middle-class, suburbia-dwelling family who are about to encounter a few supernatural visitors. Pulitzer Prize-winning playwright David Lindsay-Abaire is confirmed as the screenwriter and allegedly intends to write the script from scratch, without consulting the existing drafts of remake scripts. There’s also a rumor floating around that the film’s producer, horror film veteran, Sam Raimi (The Evil Dead, The Possession), may actually be directing the effort as well.
Click through the above slideshow to see who we think Raimi and co. should cast.
For more Casting Calls, click here.
- Like Everyone Else, Mackenzie Davis and Charlize Theron Discuss Happiest Season
- Adam Sandler Interviews Aubrey Plaza About Her Mind-Blowing New Role
- Kaley Cuoco and David Spade on Flight Attendants, Bad Reviews, and Fake Feuds
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Nick Kroll and Seth Rogen Trade Summer Camp Horror Stories