In which we suggest who should star in the next big adaptation, remake, or historical film.
If you haven’t heard (and we’re genuinely impressed if you haven’t), everyone and their mother are playing Pokémon Go. The augmented reality game allows you to catch and level up Pokémon in the real world, and has also led to muggings and the discovery of dead bodies. Last week, Deadline reported that Legendary Entertainment has purchased the rights to a live action Pokémon movie, something that’s been rumored for some time now.
There’s a caveat, though: The film won’t be based on the wildly popular anime series, rather it will draw from the Nintendo 3DS game Great Detective Pikachu, which was released earlier this year. As the title indicates, it follows an intelligent Pikachu who claims to be a great detective, while gamers are tasked with helping him solve crimes. It’s an odd choice of source material, but it could make for an entertaining silver screen result.
Casting Call runs on Fridays. For more, click here.
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Rick Owens and Miley Cyrus on Rock Stars, Recklessness, and Life on the Road
- Anna Khachiyan Shares Her Gut Reactions On Everything From Toxic Masculinity to ‘Vanderpump Rules’
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress