In which we suggest who should star in the next big adaptation, remake, or historical film.
From the protagonist’s name (Bash Casey) to the setting (a San Francisco boarding school—at least make it old money East Coast—preceded by Kansas), NBC’s Cruel Intentions sequel series sounds truly awful. But, it’s a chance to indulge our nostalgia for the days when Sarah Michelle Gellar and Freddie Prinze Jr. and Ryan Phillippe and Reese Witherspoon made up the royal prom court of the teen movie industry, and thus an excellent subject for casting call.
Aside from 16-year-old Bash Casey, no characters have been announced, but we are confident we can make some educated guesses. In the meantime, we shall draw comfort from the fact that both Cruel Intentions‘ original screenwriter and the duo behind The Unauthorized Musical Parody Of Cruel Intentions are involved in the new series, and shall try desperately to forget Cruel Intentions 2 (except for Amy Adams) and 3 (all of it).
Casting Call runs on Fridays. For more, click here.
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- Anna Khachiyan Shares Her Gut Reactions On Everything From Toxic Masculinity to ‘Vanderpump Rules’
- Rick Owens and Miley Cyrus on Rock Stars, Recklessness, and Life on the Road
- “I’m a WASP with a WAP”: Chloe Fineman on Chloe Fineman
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress