In which we suggest who should star in the next big adaptation, remake, or historical film.
Chris Columbus, the man who brought us Mrs Doubtfire and the first of the Harry Potter films, recently announced his next project, and it’s quite the departure from a cross-dressing dad: a film adaptation of Anne Rice’s Christ the Lord: Out of Egypt. Published in 2005, Christ the Lord tells the tale of seven-year-old Jesus as he travels back to Galilee from, you guessed it, Egypt. Wait—Anne Rice, the lady who wrote Interview with a Vampire? What’s she doing writing about Jesus? Those of us who had to suffer through Twilight know that the leap from writing about vampires to writing about Christianity is not as large as one might think (and Rice herself is a devoted Christ-worshiper, though last year she renounced organized Christianity for its closed-mindedness). Never ones to shy away from a challenge, we searched far and wide for actors to play the world’s most famous family (sorry, Kardashians).
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans
- Helmut Newton’s Escape Room
- Gunna and Young Thug Share Rules to Live By: Smoke After Sex, Keep Your Kitchen Lit
- Uncut Gems’s “Handsome Older Man” Wayne Diamond Establishes a New Legacy