In which we suggest who should star in the next big adaptation, remake, or historical film.
Chris Columbus, the man who brought us Mrs Doubtfire and the first of the Harry Potter films, recently announced his next project, and it’s quite the departure from a cross-dressing dad: a film adaptation of Anne Rice’s Christ the Lord: Out of Egypt. Published in 2005, Christ the Lord tells the tale of seven-year-old Jesus as he travels back to Galilee from, you guessed it, Egypt. Wait—Anne Rice, the lady who wrote Interview with a Vampire? What’s she doing writing about Jesus? Those of us who had to suffer through Twilight know that the leap from writing about vampires to writing about Christianity is not as large as one might think (and Rice herself is a devoted Christ-worshiper, though last year she renounced organized Christianity for its closed-mindedness). Never ones to shy away from a challenge, we searched far and wide for actors to play the world’s most famous family (sorry, Kardashians).
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Rick Owens and Miley Cyrus on Rock Stars, Recklessness, and Life on the Road
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- Mel Ottenberg and Jeremy O. Harris in Paris: An Honest Conversation About the World’s Most Polarizing TV Show