It’s an honest truth that the perfect, finely crafted minimal basic is often elusive. But Totême, launched last year by founder Elin Kling and her husband, Interview design director Karl Lindman, has quickly found its footing as a purveyor of classic, no-fuss essentials. “I am very interested in the notion of luxury and what it means for the consumer. We believe that luxury is all about time and leisure,” Kling, the brand’s Creative Director, remarks. It’s fitting that Totême’s next venture, their first capsule collection in collaboration with Net-a-Porter, extends the label’s off-duty mindset into the ultimate season of off-duty dressing—summer.
“This collection is very much an extension of our aim to offer a modern take on classic American sportswear with an effortless European sensibility,” Kling says, and with fourteen pieces including ready-to-wear and accessories, constructed in silk, cotton poplin, and cashmere, the versatile shorts, tunics, and dresses are begging to be packed up for the Maldives, Marrakech, or the Hamptons. “The collection is a translation from my everyday New York wardrobe suited for my next getaway,” Kling explains. “The pieces are made for the modern woman looking for everyday simplicity and confidence.”
THE TOTÊME X NET-A-PORTER CAPSULE IS AVAILABLE EXCLUSIVELY ON NET-A-PORTER.COM.
- A Truly Bonkers Conversation Between Lisa Kudrow and Lily Tomlin
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans
- Uncut Gems’s “Handsome Older Man” Wayne Diamond Establishes a New Legacy