To a T
Published December 28, 2009
When I was in seventh grade, the clique of kids who hung out near the computer lab and knew instinctively how to play team-based video games wore a certain uniform. This uniform consisted primarily of an oversized T-shirt with an unwieldy graphic on it, like a tiger, a landscape or, more commonly, space. The pants were irrelevant, but consistently ill fitting. There’s something enduring and endearing about the look—which is simple but must be delciately, casually executed. Nothing worse than a too-fashionable T-shirt. Luckily, three designers have taken up the challenge: Proenza Schouler, Maison Martin Margiela and Balmain. If your nostalgia is of the minor and dreamy variety, Maison Martin Margiela’s space themed tunic can take you back to a time when a lisa frank note book was an asset. If your nostalgia is acute, try Balmain’s tiger print black T-shirt for a mere $1,324. Perhaps there is no price too high to pay for recapturing one’s misspent youth.
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- Chelsea Handler and Martha Stewart on the Hilarious Journey of Becoming a Better Person