PHOTOS: GER GER.
Thom Browne’s Spring/Summer ’16 collection and runway show presented an eerie feast for the senses. Models donned school girl-inspired garments, including pastel pleated skirts and formal floral blazers, although the atmosphere suggested the exact opposite. Satanic black kewpie lips and thick braids emerging upward out of boater hats juxtaposed black bow ties and white button-ups. Rafters of a makeshift school house stood in the center of the runway, complete with vintage wooden desks, notebooks, and pencils, but the violet hue from black-lights enforced that this was not your typical place of study. The studious and virtuous were not welcome to enroll at Thom Browne’s School.
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- This Was Not the Publication Year Brandon Taylor Expected
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again