PHOTOS: HAO ZENG.
Just like the artists, art-minded models, and actresses (Christina Ricci, Langley Fox Hemingway, and Phoebe Collings-James, among others) who lined the front row at Thakoon’s Spring/Summer ’16 runway show, the collection itself seemed to draw inspiration from contemporary art history. White blouses and dresses featuring rigid floral prints in navy were reminiscent of Julian Schnabel’s textured ceramic plate artworks, specifically that of The Jute Grower (1980). Other garments were feminine and simple, like a pair of flowing pajama pants and matching top, adhering to the designer’s thematic title, “New Bohemia.”
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- This Was Not the Publication Year Brandon Taylor Expected
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again