PHOTOS: HAO ZENG.
Just like the artists, art-minded models, and actresses (Christina Ricci, Langley Fox Hemingway, and Phoebe Collings-James, among others) who lined the front row at Thakoon’s Spring/Summer ’16 runway show, the collection itself seemed to draw inspiration from contemporary art history. White blouses and dresses featuring rigid floral prints in navy were reminiscent of Julian Schnabel’s textured ceramic plate artworks, specifically that of The Jute Grower (1980). Other garments were feminine and simple, like a pair of flowing pajama pants and matching top, adhering to the designer’s thematic title, “New Bohemia.”
- Machine Gun Kelly Tells Dave Franco About the Year That Saved His Life
- Nikita Dragun Does Her Own Slaying
- Red Velvet Takes Diplo Inside the Life of a K-Pop Supergroup
- Matilda De Angelis on Her First Onscreen Kiss—with Nicole Kidman
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season