Paging: A Guide to Prada
Published November 9, 2009
What accomplishment can’t be attributed to Prada? Rejuvenating Downtown New York after September 11? Check. Transforming South Korea with a one-of-a-kind variable structure designed by Rem Koolhaas? Double check!
The time is nigh for Prada to write its own dictionary using its own visual language, designed by 2×4 and encased in Prada’s signature skin. Here we recount five defining moments in the history of the brand—which you can see in full in the new book, PRADA.
1.Prada, after all, made a certain bookishness cool throughout the 1990s. Peek the decade’s definitive backpack.
2.Stacking tubes of leather like it’s rubber? Just ask Prada.
3. Can we even count the statement shoes ? (Looks like 8 pairs, by our count.)
4. Amber Valetta visibly freezing? She did it for Prada for Fall/Winter 1997.
5. Our perennial favorite is Miuccia herself. What will she wear when she takes a bow?
PRADA is available now in PRADA boutiques nationwide.
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- “The Spectacle Can Never Be Trauma”: Nia DaCosta and Taika Waititi on Exorcism Through Art
- “It’s Going to Be Mad”: Anya Taylor-Joy Gets Back to Work
- A no-nonsense conversation between Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Kerry Washington
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation