Published May 18, 2009
We thought ticker tape was supposed to come at the end. Opening Ceremony have re-interpreted yet another basic buy bringing in Nicholas Anderson and Julie Ho, the Brooklyn-based pair whose Confetti System who make crafty use of cardboard, tissue paper, and strips of brightly colored silk, sewn into fringed blindfolds and knotted necklaces. All through May, Confetti System is hanging piñatas in the store windows of Opening Ceremony. The piñatas glimmer like disco balls, alluding both to children’s games and adult play, and presumably enticing window shoppers to take a whack.
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- “It’s Going to Be Mad”: Anya Taylor-Joy Gets Back to Work
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward