Imagine a cool autumn day, red and orange leaves crunching underfoot as you walk along the gravel paths of Paris’s Jardin des Tuileries. The late afternoon sun radiates down, but your wide-brimmed Saint Laurent chapeau offers protection from its bright rays. Made of rabbit fur-felt, the above hat heralds the arrival of colder months with its rich tone—a deep camel that seems directly inspired by a French caramel au beurre salé—and tactile materials. A black grosgrain accent ribbon adds a touch of polish to its otherwise understated and unadorned shape. Hedi Slimane’s background in menswear is evident in his designs: the color palate and simple outline lend a more masculine aesthetic to the hat. It brings a touch of the legendary Saint Laurent Le Smoking silhouette to an everyday wardrobe, a subtle nod to the fashion house’s storied catalogue. Priced at $1,090 and available online at Matches Fashion.
Most Wanted runs every Tuesday. For more, click here.
- Armchair Traveler: Rethinking Painting
- “I Was Born for This Time”: Angelica Ross Is Black, Trans, and Fearless
- “Everything Changed the Day The Chicks Interviewed Haim”
- Jessie Ware Tells Róisín Murphy About Her New Album: “I Want People to Want to Have Sex”
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again