Those still making last minute plans for this year’s Art Basel need to consider finding time to stop by the newly renovated Shelbourne Hotel, if only for a drink. Thanks to a collaboration between the Shelbourne, Bing, and Havaianas, Brazilian graffiti artist Finok will create an installation at two of the Shelbourne’s most famous structures, the diving board and cantina. The installation will last from Nov. 30–Dec. 3, so there’s plenty of time to fit a visit into your schedule. And since top shelf liquor and poolside parties simply aren’t enough, Finok, with artists Chivitz and Minhau, have created exclusive graffiti sandals for Havaianas, available at the Shelbourne Gift Shop for $28.
- Ask a Sane Person: Jia Tolentino on Practicing the Discipline of Hope
- Phoebe Bridgers and Brandon Flowers on Transformation and Talking Shit
- Donna Missal and Shania Twain on Creative Freedom and Owning Their Sexuality
- Thirstory: That Time Madonna Was Almost Arrested for Simulating Masturbation
- “I Was Born for This Time”: Angelica Ross Is Black, Trans, and Fearless