Greg Lauren is a jack of many trades. He was first a painter, then a fashion designer, and most recently he has found himself in the business of making us all smell good. As a part of Barneys New York Designer Fragrance Collection, Lauren teamed up with chemist turned renowned perfumer Ralf Schwiegerto create a new scent. The worn, rustic, and personal aesthetic that permeates much of Lauren’s clothes, and the nostalgic impressions that characterize his artwork, also find life in the production of his new fragrance. In this limited edition of 3,000, no two bottles are alike. Each bottle is strewn about with scratches, imperfections, serendipitous paint splatters, and a superimposed tape label that reads in handwriting: “Greg Lauren.” While it looks more like a repurposed bottle that might hold a toxic solvent in someone’s art studio, its contents are quite the contrary. Lauren’s newly crafted scent boasts a mixture of tonka beans, vanilla, and marine notes and works well for both men and women.
GREG LAUREN FOR BARNEYS NEW YORK IS AVAILABLE NOW ONLINE AT THE BARNEYS WEBSITE.
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- What Is Magic? Keiynan Lonsdale and Jacob Collier Look to Art for Answers
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- This Was Not the Publication Year Brandon Taylor Expected