PHOTOS BY ALICE LUBBOCK.
For the spring outing of Giles, designer Giles Deacon tapped into his animal instinct. Wildlife motifs—whether recurring cat talons, snakes wrapping around the body, eagles in flight, or a disjointed, geometric leopard print—appeared on oversized intarsia sweaters, full-skirted ball gowns, slim trousers, glittery shift dresses. Other looks included candy-colored striped suiting, rompers, and laser-cut leather frocks with 3-D floral embellishments. His final pieces incorporated a scaly print of snakes coiling in on each other that could have been borrowed from a herpetologist’s catalog, but instead appeared on a cape, lightweight coat, and a cut-out gown in a sober palette of slate gray, nude, and blue. The footwear-refined and clunky oxfords in pastels and metallic, were practical-minded and fit for Giles’ girls on the hunt.
For more from London Fashion Week S/S 2015, click here.
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- A Conversation Between Senator Anne Ranch and Demi Lovato (and Danny DeVito)
- Chelsea Handler and Martha Stewart on the Hilarious Journey of Becoming a Better Person