A designer dedicated to a distinct verisimilitude found only in the details, Raf Simons Spring 2018 collection for New York Fashion Week: Men’s debuted underneath the Manhattan Bridge in Chinatown. Moments before the show began, production assistants doused the pavement with water, unlocking a distinct smell of fish. With the unconventional fashion show atmosphere set, models sloshed down the wet pavement in Simons’ Blade Runner-inspired collection, each with an umbrella in tow.
We’re calling dibs on Look 45 in the line-up: a white, gray, brown, and yellow plaid top and pant matching set, paired together with mid-calf rain boots. An oversized, off-the-shoulder tennis sweater is layered on top, the neckline featuring extra embroidered white stitching. All of the models wore hats with built-in scarves styled in various ways, reminiscent of a high-fashion fisherman.
First Dibs runs on Fridays. For more, click here.
- “I Was Born for This Time”: Angelica Ross Is Black, Trans, and Fearless
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again
- Glam is the Chinese restaurant rager where Timothée Chalamet and Cardi B hang out
- Jessie Ware Tells Róisín Murphy About Her New Album: “I Want People to Want to Have Sex”
- “Everything Changed the Day The Chicks Interviewed Haim”