For his Fall 2014 collection, Junya Watanabe stuck to a palette of simple black and focused on fabric arrangement. The collection’s closing look—a flapper-like silhouette dripping with fur, organza, leather strips, and sequins, which ran all the way down to the crushed velvet leggings—had us completely mesmerized. The complicated, intellectual look was anchored with lace-up brogues, a play on the menswear fundamentals that Junya likes to touch upon every so often. Black is definitely back and we are calling first dibs.
THIS FIRST DIBS ITEM WAS SELECTED BY INTERVIEW ASSISTANT MARKET EDITOR STEPHANIE STRAUSS.
First Dibs runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Our Once and Future President, Answers 21 Questions from Her Famous Friends
- Lil Tracy and Ishmael Butler Have a Father and Son Heart-to-Heart
- Talk Hole: Zooming Through the Quarantine with Jeremy O. Harris
- The One Where Jennifer Aniston Gets Grilled by Sandra Bullock
- Ed Templeton and William Strobeck On Skateboarding and Sweaters