Well, it finally happened; Alexander Wang debuted his first Balenciaga collection in Paris, and the fashion gods are rejoicing. Impeccably tailored trousers, cropped voluminous jackets, sheer lace pants, and peplums characterized the simple and chic collection. While Wang stuck to a classic black and white color palette, occasional marble-patterned pieces appeared on the runway as well, rounding out the collection. Our favorite outfit has to be the above Look 7: a perfectly proportioned, black, cut-out dress with a single, statement safety pin; paired with heeled suede boots and a box-frame bag. The cut is unassuming and sexy—a rare combination—providing an effortless look on the streets or at a soirée.
This First Dibs was selected by Interview assistant market editor Stephanie Strauss.
First Dibs runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- A Truly Bonkers Conversation Between Lisa Kudrow and Lily Tomlin
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- That Time Brad Pitt Was Banned from China
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans
- Gunna and Young Thug Share Rules to Live By: Smoke After Sex, Keep Your Kitchen Lit