The above look by Belgian designer Ann Demeulemeester reminds us a little of our Art of Shopping editorial at Bergdorf’s. Enigmatic and a little bit witchy, Demeulemeester’s floor-length sheer dress transforms and transports—everything, even shopping for groceries, becomes glamorous and purposeful in this stately dress. The wide-brimmed bowler hat with feathers is, of course, necessary to complete the look off the runway. Hats are back and beautiful.
This First Dibs was selected by Interview assistant accessories editor Melissa Karl.
First Dibs runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Daniel Mendelsohn on “The New 1930s” and Schitt’s Creek
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun