NY Fashion Week Forecast: Blue Eyed Girls
Published September 10, 2009
The eyes see it first: Expect to see color painted on the eyelids of the models strutting down the runway this week for Spring/Summer NY Fashion Week 2010. According to Sarah Lucero of Stila Cosmetics, who will be tending to the faces of the Jenni Kayne, Betsy Johnson, Julie Haas and Walter runways, spring 2010 is all about “bold saturation, a pop of navy, plum and emerald. It’ll be a structured smokey eye but with more color, not the traditional black or grey.”
First on-runway last year, color is all the rave for fall. Eyes and lips are thick with texture and tone “Because you match the weight of your makeup to the weight of your clothes,” explains Lucero. And color will continue into Spring but with more of a hint as opposed to an entire face of it. Lips will be nude to allow the focal point of the face to be the bejeweled-hued peepers. (LEFT: PHOTO BY SARAH HOWARD)
Lucero’s: Use a navy liner to add excitement to your eyes. Navy works on every skin tone and blue makes eyes look wider and brighter. Try Stila’s Convertible Eye Color in Indigo.
Sarah Howard is the editor of Beauty Banter.
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- A Conversation Between Senator Anne Ranch and Demi Lovato (and Danny DeVito)
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward