Dior Beauty’s Got the Golden Touch
Published August 23, 2011
With fashion show invitations coming in, sweaters featuring prominently in storefronts and mornings that almost qualify as chilly, we’ve found ourselves bracing for the fall season. To ready the prepared consumer, Dior recently debuted their holiday looks for 2011 with lipsticks in the Les Rouges Or collection ($32), nail varnishes in the Or Vernis collection ($22), and a gold-infused color palette ($59). The collection is sprinkled with gold powder: a nod to the history of the House of Dior and Christian Dior’s fascination with the luxury metal. The colors boast a deeply pigmented shade rather than the glitter typical of many holiday cosmetic options—which will provide a bit of subtlety for those who fear blending in with the tinsel.
We’ve got samples of Vernis in the office, although it’s currently scheduled for a Oct. 15 launch. You shouldn’t wait to get your hands on it, either!
Vernis was selected for editorial by Interview fashion assistant Stephanie Strauss.
- A Truly Bonkers Conversation Between Lisa Kudrow and Lily Tomlin
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans
- Uncut Gems’s “Handsome Older Man” Wayne Diamond Establishes a New Legacy
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True