No one knew quite what to expect from Dior—the house is still trying to find its footing after the sudden departure of John Galliano and his replacement by Bill Gaytten. Gaytten turned to Dior’s archives and focused on a cinched-waist, flowing skirt New Look silhouette, complete with elbow length gloves, and a soft feminine color palette of dove greys, silvery-liliacs and mauve. Gaytten attempted to modernise this familiar silhouette through the materials use, the aformentioned gloves were made of leather, a nice contrast to the series of stiff-silk dresses. Looks were accessorized with large, jewelled envelope clutches and pretty ribbon statement necklaces.
- Red Velvet Takes Diplo Inside the Life of a K-Pop Supergroup
- “No Regrets”: Glenn Close and Whoopi Goldberg Discuss Their Singular Careers
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse