Capture: Fashion Idolatry
Published January 14, 2011
For the entrance to his Pitti Uomo show in Florence last night, women’s guest designer Gareth Pugh took fashion idolatry to a new level, with altar-esque statues and candles. Pugh continued the religious experience inside, with a large-scale video presentation of his sculptural designs (one called to mind a praying mantis), all to the beat of thumping techno. Pugh collaborated again with fashion filmmaker Ruth Hogben, who created a short film for the event “inspired by religious iconography and Florentine opulence” [below]. We felt quite a bit of both.
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- This Was Not the Publication Year Brandon Taylor Expected
- Ask a Sane Person: Daniel Mendelsohn on “The New 1930s” and Schitt’s Creek
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November