Capture: Fashion Idolatry
Published January 14, 2011
For the entrance to his Pitti Uomo show in Florence last night, women’s guest designer Gareth Pugh took fashion idolatry to a new level, with altar-esque statues and candles. Pugh continued the religious experience inside, with a large-scale video presentation of his sculptural designs (one called to mind a praying mantis), all to the beat of thumping techno. Pugh collaborated again with fashion filmmaker Ruth Hogben, who created a short film for the event “inspired by religious iconography and Florentine opulence” [below]. We felt quite a bit of both.
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- A Conversation Between Senator Anne Ranch and Demi Lovato (and Danny DeVito)
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward