Of all the iconography Andy Warhol explored throughout his artistic career, shoes are a recurring motif, from his early blotted-ink commercial illustrations to his own pair of Converse Chuck Taylor All Stars that he silkscreened in the ’80s. In January, Converse takes a cue from Warhol’s past appropriation of the Converse canvas and will launch a new limited-edition series of sneakers, the Chuck Taylor All Star Andy Warhol, featuring a selection of Warhol prints.
- Ask a Sane Person: Jia Tolentino on Practicing the Discipline of Hope
- Phoebe Bridgers and Brandon Flowers on Transformation and Talking Shit
- Donna Missal and Shania Twain on Creative Freedom and Owning Their Sexuality
- “I Was Born for This Time”: Angelica Ross Is Black, Trans, and Fearless
- “Everything Changed the Day The Chicks Interviewed Haim”