T by Alexander Wang Springs Up
Published February 2, 2011
Following the launch of Alexander Wang’s first-ever print ads (running exclusively in Interview‘s March issue), the label is topping itself with the release of their new T by Alexander Wang Spring 2011 images. Shot again by Daniel Jackson (he snapped a slouchy yet sultry ZoÃ« Kravitz for the Fall/Winter 2010 ads), the photos showcase both men’s and women’s T collections on pair Ashley Smith and Diplo. Diplo stays stoic and Smith, too, plays it cool in the images, set to decorate the streets of lower Manhattan later this month.
Accompanying the images comes a black and white video on the Alexander Wang website, and the feel is less silent film and more monochrome dance party. Instantly injecting the photos with a nearly tangible energy and excitement, the video cuts back and forth from Smith solo dancing, exuberant in Wang’s wares, whipping her hair like a modern-day Goldilocks, to Diplo sneaking smiles with conductors’ hands in hoods and jackets and, of course, a tee. Suddenly Smith is sudded up and Diplo, playing coy, gives a nonchalant shrug. They brush shoulders, blow kisses and effortlessly embody the line’s signature style. The 40-second clip is soundtracked by “DJ,” a collab between Diplo and label-mate Amanda Blank, chanting “I’m feeling it”â??and you can’t say no by the time it exhorts, “play the song a little louder.”
T BY ALEXANDER WANG’S MEN’S AND WOMEN’S SPRING COLLECTIONS ARE NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE.
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- What Is Magic? Keiynan Lonsdale and Jacob Collier Look to Art for Answers
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again