WOW! You Can Relax in Miami!
Published November 30, 2009
Who has time to rest during Art Basel? Art Production Fund and Opening Ceremony insist you do, with this year’s installment of WOW (Works on Towels): Artist Towel Series, available at The Standard, Miami Beach. This year’s towels feature works by Yoshitomo Nara and Peter Doig, whose terrycloth creation features a man walking through water. It’s a pose that looks quite like the memorable, elss than flattering image of President Obama at the beach (although this figure seems to have a goatee—definitely not on Obama’s message). Doig’s towel re-renders the president in another face and another, more romantic time setting; hopefully, now that we’re at the beginning of pasty season and you’re surrounded by your 1,000 best friends and clients, you can be so lucky.
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Rick Owens and Miley Cyrus on Rock Stars, Recklessness, and Life on the Road
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- Mel Ottenberg and Jeremy O. Harris in Paris: An Honest Conversation About the World’s Most Polarizing TV Show