Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• After two years on the lam, Peter Sunde, co-founder of the infamous file-sharing website Pirate Bay, was arrested in Sweden. Only one of the four founders remains at large. Apparently he “resides in Asia.” [THR]
• Drake released a new song. He may be releasing a new album in 2015. [Vulture]
• Someone broke into Miley Cyrus’ home. They stole some jewelry and a car. [AP]
• Maleficent, a movie that actually would pass the Bechdel test, won the box office with $70 million. Also released over the weekend was A Million Ways to Die in the West, which came in third place with $17.12 million.
• Chris Brown was released from prison. [AP]
• Justin Bieber made a racist joke on camera five years ago. Someone leaked the video. Bieber apologized. [CNN]
• If you were wondering why a key song was missing from the Arnold Schwarzenegger movie Sabotage, it’s because the Beastie Boys don’t like Arnold Schwarzenegger and they cannot be bought! [PageSix]