JAY Z CONTEMPLATES THE ETERNAL QUESTION: BACON OR BASQUIAT?
Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop-culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• Drake and Jay Z are in a little tiff: In a Rolling Stone profile in February, Drake made a little dig at Jay’s consistent brags about his art collection: “I think the whole rap/art world thing is getting kind of corny,” to be specific. So over the weekend, Jay and his pal Jay Electronica dropped a remix of Drake’s “We Made It” featuring the line, “Sorry, Mr. Drizzy, for so much art talk / Silly me, rapping ’bout shit that I really bought.” Dunno, we personally own a lot of stuff we’ve never rapped about. [Vulture/NYM]
• Rihanna will be honored with the Icon Award at the 2014 CFDA Fashion Awards in June, which we’re hoping will mean lots of copycat crop-tops and high-waisted booty shorts on the red carpet. [HuffPo]
• Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher are having a baby. Would it be too on-the-cute-button-nose to suggest Jackie if it’s a girl and Kelso if it’s a boy? [People]
• Something really big happened on The Good Wife, you guys. We’ll be considerate and not tell you what, but if you want to know why the big thing happened, you can read about it here. [ArtsBeat/NYT]
• Birchbox is opening its first brick-and-mortar (and perfume-and-lipstick) location on West Broadway, likely as soon as May. [NYT]
• Sad news, though probably inevitable at this point: Based on new satellite data, missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 was officially declared lost. According to the Malaysian Prime Minister, the plane crashed in a remote location in the southern Indian Ocean and there were no survivors. The families of those aboard were notified by text. [BBCNews]