R. KELLY, A MAN WHO KNOWS WHAT HE WANTS.
Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop-culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• Jon Hamm and Amy Poehler hosted an Emmy’s Losers Party, in which recipients of an award had to donate $1,000 to World Wide Orphans and losers got in for free. [E!]
• … Which means the Emmys must have happened, and apparently they were spectacularly boring. [Washington Post]
• … But at least Breaking Bad, the best television show in the history of the universe, took home Best Drama. [CNN ]
• Prisoners won a fairly anticlimactic weekend box office with $21.4 million, followed by Insidious Chapter 2 with $14.5 million and The Family with $7 million. [Box Office Mojo]
• R. Kelly’s grocery list is not trapped in the closet—it is up on the Internet for all to enjoy! Highlights include hot dogs, bologna, only 3 bananas (no more, no less), and dino-shaped chicken nuggets. [Vulture]
• Apple sold nine million iPhones in three days. [Reuters]
• Miley Cyrus cried onstage, because twerking isn’t enough to generate buzz anymore. [NY Post]
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- The One Where Jennifer Aniston Gets Grilled by Sandra Bullock