ABOVE: ELLE FANNING, DREE HEMINGWAY, AND KARLIE KLOSS IN 100% LOST COTTON. PHOTO COURTESY OF BLACKFRAME
Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop-culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• Miley Cyrus had lots of fun at the Alexander Wang after-party. [The Cut]
• Kate Middleton is expecting her second child. [The Internet]
• Everyone (or at least four separate entities) wants to buy Chris Rock’s new film Top Five at the Toronto Film Festival. [THR]
• Guardians of the Galaxy won the box office again, this time with a measly $10 million. [BOM]
• China is finally getting The Simpsons! [Variety]
• Albino lobsters exist and are scary-looking. [ABC]
• Forgoing a traditional runway show, Opening Ceremony debuted its new Spring/Summer collection with a play at the Metropolitan Opera House co-written by Spike Jonze and Jonah Hill and directed by Jonze. Set in the summer of 1991 and titled 100% Lost Cotton, the play starred Bobby Canavale, Dree Hemingway, Elle Fanning, John Cameron Mitchell, Rashida Jones, Catherine Keener, Alia Shawkat, and Karlie Kloss.
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- Anna Khachiyan Shares Her Gut Reactions On Everything From Toxic Masculinity to ‘Vanderpump Rules’
- Rick Owens and Miley Cyrus on Rock Stars, Recklessness, and Life on the Road
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress