Weekend News Roundup! Halloweekend, Mets Mayhem, and Jupert
Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• The Kansas City Royals won the World Series against the New York Mets.
• Halloween happened. Celebrities wore costumes. Some celebrities (Kate Moss) dressed up as other celebrities (Cara Delevingne) in a way that seemed a little mean-spirited (part of Moss’s Delevingne costume included white powder on her nose) and hypocritical (don’t throw cocaine rocks in glass houses). [The Daily Mail]
• N.W.A.’s former manager Jerry Heller is suing the producers of Straight Outta Compton for defamation. [Forbes]
• Jerry Hall and Rupert Murdoch are dating… [The Guardian]
• On a more pleasant note, Sufjan Stevens covered Drake’s “Hotline Bling” with singer Gallant. [Pitchfork]