Happy Met Gala Monday. Here’s our compendium of pop culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• The White House Correspondents Dinner happened. It was hosted by The Daily Show’s Hasan Minhaj, who wasted no time addressing “the elephant not in the room.” [CNN]
• Not The White House Correspondents Dinner also took place over the weekend, hosted by Samantha Bee. As with the Correspondents Dinner, no actual presidents attended, but Will Ferrell did make an appearance as George W. Bush. [The Atlantic]
• Leonardo DiCaprio joined thousands of protesters in Washington, D.C. for the People’s Climate March. His sign was a little lackluster compared to these ones, but we’ll forgive him. [Mashable, Slate]
• Another weekend box office goes to The Fate of the Furious. [BOM]
• And to end on a nice note, when a Metallic tribute band’s equipment was thieved, the real Metallic paid to replace it. [Pitchfork]