Holiday Weekend News Roundup! Sweden, Star Wars, and Walt Whitman
PHOTO: CHRISTOPHER GABELLO.
Happy Tuesday. Here’s our compendium of pop culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the holiday weekend.
• Donald Trump held a campaign rally in Florida over the long weekend. He tried to instill fear in his audience by insinuating a terrorist attack had occurred in Sweden the night before (his exact words were “look at what’s happening in Sweden last night”). Sweden (and really the entire literate world) was very confused. [NBC]
• Here is a short clip of Jeapordy‘s Alex Trebek reading lyrics from famous rap songs. [Twitter]
• Mykki Blanco tweeted about “the most bizarre form of homophobia I have ever encountered” on a Delta flight from Toronto to Detroit. Apparently, after sleeping through the duration of the flight, the musician and artist woke up to find the another passenger had called the cops because he felt “uncomfortable” sitting next to Blanco. [Jezebel]
• The LEGO Batman Movie won the box office again. [BOM]
• Josh Gad had a bunch of celebrities ask Daisy Ridley for Star Wars spoilers. [Mashable]
• Paris Hilton is purportedly dating Chris Zylka of The Leftovers. [P6]
• And finally, the news we’ve all been waiting for: A long-lost Walt Whitman novel has been discovered and will be reprinted by University of Iowa Press. [NYT]