Weekend News Roundup! Kimberly and Harry, Madonna and Elton, Rocky and Broadway
BETTER THAN THE BEATLES?
Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop-culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• Are Kimberly Stewart and Harry Styles dating? We don’t really care, but it sounds rather unpleasant. [People]
• Congratulations to Emeli Sandé, who beat The Beatles’ record for most consecutive weeks on the UK albums charts. [THR]
• Time to brush up on the lyrics to “Eye of the Tiger;” Rocky is heading to Broadway as a musical. [E!]
• It was not a great weekend for the US box office: Pain and Gain topped the charts with just $20 million, followed by Oblivion and 42. The Big Wedding, which looks pretty bad, brought in $7.5 million. [BOM]
• Australian film The Rocket cleaned up at the 11th Tribeca Film Festival, winning the awards for Best Narrative Feature and Best Actor as well as the Audience Choice Award. [HitFix]
• Michael Jordan got married over the weekend to a model named Yvette Prieto. Guests in attendance included Tiger Woods and Spike Lee. It is Jordan’s second marriage, which reminds us of the following saying: first the worst, second the best, third the one with the hairy chest. [ESPN]
• Elton John and Madonna are no longer enemies, just frenemies. [Extra TV]