This time last year, Romy Byrne was starting her senior year of college at Bard, where she studied literature. Now the 21-year-old is back in her hometown of New York City, signed as a model to Next, and working for hip-hop stalwart Talib Kweli in his studio. In her spare time, Byrne, whose parents are actors Ellen Barkin and Gabriel Byrne, mixes music and DJs. Here, she plays us a sample of one of her recent sets.
- Ask a Sane Person: Jia Tolentino on Practicing the Discipline of Hope
- Phoebe Bridgers and Brandon Flowers on Transformation and Talking Shit
- Donna Missal and Shania Twain on Creative Freedom and Owning Their Sexuality
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again
- Ask a Sane Person: Jack Halberstam Isn’t Here to Comfort You
Interview’s Talent Show: Romy Byrne
Published October 21, 2014