Tomorrow, thousands across the country will participate in Washington D.C.’s March For Our Lives demonstrations—and George and Amal Clooney are behind them 100 percent.
In a letter published by The Guardian, George expressed his support for the students of Marjorie Stoneman High School in Parkland, Florida, where the campaign originated following a deadly shooting at the school on February 14, 2018. The teens promptly responded by forming the “Never Again MSD” gun control organization and are now the leading voices behind March For Our Lives.
“Amal and I are 100% behind you and will be marching in DC on the 24th, but we both feel very strongly that this is your march. Your moment. Young people are taking it to the adults and that has been your most effective tool. The fact that no adults will speak on the stage in DC is a powerful message to the world that if we can’t do something about gun violence then you will,” George wrote.
The Clooneys had previously donated $500,000 to the campaign, inspiring Oprah Winfrey, Steven Spielberg, and more to follow suit.
- Gunna and Young Thug Share Rules to Live By: Smoke After Sex, Keep Your Kitchen Lit
- Paul Mescal and Daisy Edgar-Jones on Overnight Fame: “They Were Pointing and Laughing at Me!”
- Larry Kramer Is Still the Angriest Gay Man in the World
- Uncut Gems’s “Handsome Older Man” Wayne Diamond Establishes a New Legacy
- Lil Tecca and Rico Nasty Talk Haters, Baby Tigers, and Skipping Prom