Courage is contagious and last Wednesday night we rendez-vous-ed with four incredible individuals hoping that some of their’s would rub off on us.
LGBTQ+ activist and entrepreneur Connor Franta, top model and philanthropist Flaviana Matata, intersex activist and model Hanne Gaby Odiele, model and youth leader Cordell Broadus, were the center of Kenneth Cole’s Courageous Class celebration.
The night started out with drinks at Kenneth Cole Bond + Bowery. Over spicy margaritas, DJ Chelsea Leyland could be heard mixing beats, while artist Steffi Lynn customized everything from tote bags, to sneakers, to phone cases with hand-drawn illustrations (we requested a silver Andy Warhol).
A decadent dinner at Acme followed, where activists mingled with creatives, like writer IO Tillett Wright, actors Pico Alexander, Nico Tortorella, Rebecca Dayan, filmmaker Ariel Schulman, artist Shantell Martin, and documentarian Hailey Gates. Centerpieces by Popup Florist made everyone feel like spring was just around the corner and with spring, hope for a brighter future.
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True
- Meet Roberto Lugo, the Potter Making Ceramics of Biggie and Basquiat