“I was inspired by Warhol’s unabashed gayness and his championing of openly queer people,” says the painter Colin Verdi, who tipped his hat to the Pop Art master by embellishing Coach’s unisex shearling lumber jacket with renderings of three Factory “superstars”: Jane Forth, Holly Woodlawn and, of course, Candy Darling.
We took the fabulous piece for a spin on the streets of Warhol’s most beloved city.
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- This Was Not the Publication Year Brandon Taylor Expected
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again