ABOVE: JESSE MARCO
No one does New York Fashion Week parties like Alexander Wang does: in recent memory, there was the over-the-top carnival for Spring ’11, Busta Rhymes for Spring ’13, and the kawaii explosion last season. This year, Wang’s inaugural Brooklyn outing (complete with Uber discounts to get to the runway show!), was no exception; and Wang’s choice of DJ, 26-year-old Jesse Marco, comes with his own impressive fashion credentials: he’s modeled for Marc Jacobs and Uniqlo, among others, and has played events for designers including Tom Ford, Giorgio Armani, and Vivienne Westwood. We’re pleased to debut his mix for Wang’s party below.
When it came time to cook up the playlist for this season’s party, Marco chose an energetic blend designed to complement Baauer, who preceded him. “I think there’s just a lot of youthful energy at his parties,” he says of Wang. “The crowd was really into it, everyone was up and dancing not just sitting and looking around. There’s always a measure of taste with the music but never at the consequence of everyone having fun, because that’s what it’s really about—good music, your friends. I felt like everybody in the room knew each other. It was rad.”
FOR MORE ON JESSE MARCO, PLEASE VISIT THE ARTIST’S WEBSITE.
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Our Once and Future President, Answers 21 Questions from Her Famous Friends
- Lil Tracy and Ishmael Butler Have a Father and Son Heart-to-Heart
- The One Where Jennifer Aniston Gets Grilled by Sandra Bullock
- Talk Hole: Zooming Through the Quarantine with Jeremy O. Harris
- Ed Templeton and William Strobeck On Skateboarding and Sweaters