“On the Outside” is the latest single from Film School alum Greg Bertens and his former guitarist/song writing partner, Nyles Lannon. Reunited by a chance meeting at an abandoned cave in California, the duo conceived of, and ran with, the idea of a collaboration. In the months following their spelunking, Nyles and Bertens effectively telecommuted between Los Angeles and San Francisco, bridging the distance with a combination of email, DropBox, and FTP.
The result is Saced Caves and their first EP, an ’80s synthpop daydream titled Sanctuarium. “On the Outside” is the infectious first single off of the forthcoming EP and with pulsing synth beats, rhythmic hand-clapping, and Bertens’ mellow vocals, Sacred Caves likely won’t stay on the outside (or underground, for that matter) much longer. Put it on your summer Friday playlist.
FOR MORE ON SACRED CAVES, VISIT THEIR FACEBOOK PAGE.
- Red Velvet Takes Diplo Inside the Life of a K-Pop Supergroup
- “No Regrets”: Glenn Close and Whoopi Goldberg Discuss Their Singular Careers
- Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne Discuss the Subtle Rebellion of Happiest Season
- How Anna Nicole Smith Ended Up Marrying an 89-year-old
- Hillbilly Elegy Is an Accidental Camp Masterpiece