Taylor Lautner Toys With Us
Published February 26, 2010
As of a couple weeks ago, Twilight heartthrob Taylor Lautner was signed up for two toy-based film roles: Mattel’s extreme sports-playing, shapeshifting, crime-fighting college student Max Steel and Hasbro’s Stretch Armstrong, who you likely remember from the commercial breaks of the 80s and 90s. However, according to New York, the 18-year-old best known as Jacob Black has dropped the part in Paramount’s Max Steel to focus his energies on Universal’s Stretch Armstrong. We’re sure Lautner had his professional reasons for making the choice, but we feel compelled to object to the decision based on the most important grounds of all: looks. While Lautner bears an almost uncanny physical resemblance to Steel, he looks completely unlike the blond, top-heavy Armstrong. If Lautner has to choose between the two, we strongly suggest he go with Steel. As for the Armstrong producers: they can check our slideshow (above) for possible replacements.
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- “It’s Going to Be Mad”: Anya Taylor-Joy Gets Back to Work
- Sway House Demands Your Attention, for Better or Worse
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- “The Spectacle Can Never Be Trauma”: Nia DaCosta and Taika Waititi on Exorcism Through Art