In which we suggest who should star in the next big adaptation, remake, or historical film.
Christopher Miller and Phil Lord, whose past credits include producing TV hits like The Last Man on Earth and How I Met Your Mother, co-directing blockbusters such as 21 Jump Street, 22 Jump Street, and co-writing and co-directing The Lego Movie, have bought the screen rights to the wildly popular podcast Serial. According to Deadline, Miller and Lord intend to create a television show a podcast that investigates a murder. The case won’t be exactly the same as the real-life one investigated in Serial, but it’s safe to assume that it will involve a victim and a possibly-innocent suspect.
Based on the limited information available to us, the rules of the American entertainment industry, and our keen wits, we have a few ideas about whom Lord and Miller should choose as their protagonists, and which actors should play them.
Casting Call runs every Friday. For more, click here.
- A Truly Bonkers Conversation Between Lisa Kudrow and Lily Tomlin
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans
- Uncut Gems’s “Handsome Older Man” Wayne Diamond Establishes a New Legacy