Happy Monday! Here’s our compendium of pop-culture news you may have missed while you were doing more important things over the weekend.
• Taylor Swift lugged home eight Billboard music awards this weekend. America, you have only yourself to blame. [Guardian]
• Kanye West is supposedly calling his new album Yeezus, which we’re pretty sure is a reference to the messiah. [Rap-up]
• Beyoncé is pregnant again or still pregnant from last time. [E!]
• The latest in the franchise that is destined to live long and prosper, Star Trek Into Darkness, tops the weekend box office with $70.5 million while Iron Man 3 holds on to spot number two with $35 million. [BOM]
• Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson seem to have broken up again, maybe. [New York Post]
• Justin Bieber was booed as he accepted his fan-voted milestone award at the Billboard music awards, thus proving if you call your fans “Beliebers” they will eventually turn against you. [People]
• A mystery person in Florida who probably is not you won the $590 million Powerball jackpot. Congratulations, jerk. [NBC]
- Tanner Buchanan and Ralph Macchio on Cobra Kai and the Netflix Effect
- Luca Guadagnino and Dev Hynes Discuss Opera, Heartbreak, and the Sexiness of Seth Rogen
- Who is Lana Del Rey?
- Martin Amis and Salman Rushdie on Cancel Culture and The Hitch
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress