Get Ready to Vamp
Published June 29, 2010
Vampire mania is once again upon us. With premiere of the third season of True Blood and yesterday’s record-breaking release of Twilight: Eclipse, it seems that, summer or no, pale is in.
How to get the look: First, one must make skin as light as it can possibly be. Remember, vampires don’t do sun. Try to use a foundation one to two shades lighter than your skin tone, and finish with a translucent powder. Lips need to look juicy and blood-stained. Try the Benefit’s Benetint in Red, which is applied like nail polish to your lips and the apples of your cheeks for an (un)healthy glow. Brows should be defined, so make sure they’re extra dark and arched. Try Anastasia’s Duo II Brow Powder–you can mix and match until you get the perfect color. As for the eyes, it’s all about that sleepless effect. Use a black liner on the inner rim of your lower lid and blend inward to create a raccoon eye. Finish with a mascara in navy blue for a brooding lash. Fangs are optional.
Sarah Howard is the editor of Beauty Banter.
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Comedian Eric Andre Tells Us Why We Need to “Pop the Zit” of Police Brutality
- What Is Magic? Keiynan Lonsdale and Jacob Collier Look to Art for Answers
- Adult Film Star Sean Ford Wants to Make Intimacy Sexy Again
- “Well, This Is Awkward”: Christine and the Queens and Troye Sivan Make Post-Pandemic Plans