Get Ready to Vamp
Published June 29, 2010
Vampire mania is once again upon us. With premiere of the third season of True Blood and yesterday’s record-breaking release of Twilight: Eclipse, it seems that, summer or no, pale is in.
How to get the look: First, one must make skin as light as it can possibly be. Remember, vampires don’t do sun. Try to use a foundation one to two shades lighter than your skin tone, and finish with a translucent powder. Lips need to look juicy and blood-stained. Try the Benefit’s Benetint in Red, which is applied like nail polish to your lips and the apples of your cheeks for an (un)healthy glow. Brows should be defined, so make sure they’re extra dark and arched. Try Anastasia’s Duo II Brow Powder–you can mix and match until you get the perfect color. As for the eyes, it’s all about that sleepless effect. Use a black liner on the inner rim of your lower lid and blend inward to create a raccoon eye. Finish with a mascara in navy blue for a brooding lash. Fangs are optional.
Sarah Howard is the editor of Beauty Banter.
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- “The Spectacle Can Never Be Trauma”: Nia DaCosta and Taika Waititi on Exorcism Through Art
- “It’s Going to Be Mad”: Anya Taylor-Joy Gets Back to Work
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation
- A no-nonsense conversation between Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Kerry Washington