German model Antonia “Toni” Garrn describes herself as “a hyper, impatient, ambitious, and happy gypsy.” After being scouted at the 2006 World Cup in Hamburg, Garrn made her fashion week debut at Calvin Klein’s S/S 2008 show when she was just 15. Now 24, she fronts campaigns for the likes of Lancel, Cartier, and Bulgari. In her spare time, Garrn works with Plan International, a non-profit fighting for children’s rights around the world.
THE PERSON I ADMIRE THE MOST:
All the women in difficult and violent places and situations all over the world that never give up.
SOME THINGS THAT INSPIRE ME:
QUESTIONS I CAN’T ANSWER:
What I will do or where I will be in a week.
EVENTS I WISH I’D WITNESSED:
A Michael Jackson concert and a Woodstock Festival.
THINGS I’D LIKE TO IMPROVE ABOUT MYSELF:
MY GREAT MASTERPIECE:
I think I’m the greatest multitasker.
MY GREATEST ADVENTURE:
Searching for my favorite city and then making myself a home.
GAMES I PLAY:
Anything with my boyfriend. Nothing much when alone.
THINGS I’LL BE REMEMBERED BY:
SOME THINGS I’D RATHER FORGET:
That it felt good to get my ears pierced—since then I want more and more, but don’t really want more on me. Most terrible memories are a lesson and don’t want them to be forgotten.
MY IDEA OF HAPPINESS:
A kitchen, a big organized closet … simply a home with the people I love most inside.
ONE LAST FAVOR I’D LIKE TO ASK:
More pianos in hotel rooms please.
For more from our “Beyond Here Lies Nothing” series, click here.
- Tracee Ellis Ross and Tyler, the Creator on Falling and Getting Back Up
- Ask a Sane Person: Salman Rushdie Wants America to Take Out the Trash in November
- Chris Evans and Jaeden Martell on Dark Material and Crying in the Mirror Just for Fun
- Mark Ruffalo and Philip Ettinger on Playing Four Versions of the Same Two Characters in I Know This Much Is True
- Meet Roberto Lugo, the Potter Making Ceramics of Biggie and Basquiat