Lips Smacking For: Tom Ford
Published May 14, 2010
Tom Ford‘s splashy new lip supplementation arrives in stores nationwide tomorrow—at Tom Ford Custom Blend Counters, to be exact. Will this rotating tube live up to its much-buzzed-about $45 price tag? Expertly executed, Ford’s first foray into makeup is the 12-color Custom Blend Collection of ultra-moisturizing lipsticks in a spectrum of classic colors that would catapult any pout into Bacall territory. Vanilla Suede and Blush Nude are two of the lightest, most angelic from the selection. The reds are Ginger Fawn, True Coral, Smoke Red and, our personal favorite, Cherry Lush each have a slight sheen. The vamp look is covered, too, by the darkest shades, Bruised Plum and Black Orchid. Packaged in gold-accented ivory cases and stamped with the perennial TF, the lipsticks are packed with exotic-sounding ingredients that we’ve never heard of, including Brazilian murumuru butter, chamomilla flower and soja seed extract, presumably responsible for the deliciously smooth application, buttery texture and long lasting wear.
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress
- “The Spectacle Can Never Be Trauma”: Nia DaCosta and Taika Waititi on Exorcism Through Art
- A no-nonsense conversation between Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Kerry Washington
- “It’s Going to Be Mad”: Anya Taylor-Joy Gets Back to Work
- “Cock!”: Nicolas Cage and Marilyn Manson in Conversation