The Row Prepares for Sunny Days
Published March 16, 2011
Possibly the most important accessory for the Spring/Summer season—approaching just around the corner, finally!—is a pair of fashion-forward sunglasses. The Row’s most recent collection, in collaboration with Linda Farrow, incorporates different skins and textures while focusing on clean lines and graphic silhouettes for a sophisticated look. The brand’s designers, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, understand the importance of combining classic styles with innovative design. “It’s about combining the allure and quality of the past with a modern aesthetic,” says Ashley Olsen.
Among our favorites is a pair of retro-inspired round frames with sleek tortoise-colored accents. The Row has revamped the Wayfarer shape, too, by keeping a sleek all-black design, with leather trim on the temples that set these apart from just any old pair of black sunglasses. Black too plain? This style also comes in white, which is a great contrast to the black’s leather accents. A pair of chocolate frames with angled edges stay true to The Row’s chic, sophisticated aesthetic—and again, leather adds modern flair. Take it from the Olsens: shades needn’t blend in with an outfit; the right pair can be a statement piece all on their own.
- Nathan Fielder and Louis Theroux Teach a Masterclass on the Art of Awkward
- Anna Khachiyan Shares Her Gut Reactions On Everything From Toxic Masculinity to ‘Vanderpump Rules’
- Rick Owens and Miley Cyrus on Rock Stars, Recklessness, and Life on the Road
- “I’m a WASP with a WAP”: Chloe Fineman on Chloe Fineman
- Dylan Sprouse Returns to the Hotel Suite—This Time, in a Pink Dress