It’s New York Fashion Week and seasoned Interview photographers Shawn Brackbill, Christopher Gabello, Kate Owen, and Frank Sun are backstage and front row at our favorite shows. Check in daily and follow Shawn, Chris, Kate, and Frank on Interview’s Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook for the latest updates.
Siki Im might draw inspiration from the similar sources as other designers—the ’70s for F/W 2015; robots and the ocean for S/S 2015—but the results are never the same. Im’s show on Friday evening began with billowing trousers, mismatching shoes (one sandal, one closed-toe simple flat), and a belted tunic, and ended with a side-knotted scarf and long, layering, and long-drop earrings. The palette was muted—blue greys, blacks, army-green, and tans—except for a smattering of red tie-dye (layered under zip-fronted tops, on a sleeveless tee paired with one matching shoe). Not exactly what you’d expect from sea and surf, but exactly what you’d expect from Im.
For more from New York Fashion Week Spring/Summer 2015, click here.
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Our Once and Future President, Answers 21 Questions from Her Famous Friends
- Lil Tracy and Ishmael Butler Have a Father and Son Heart-to-Heart
- The One Where Jennifer Aniston Gets Grilled by Sandra Bullock
- Ed Templeton and William Strobeck On Skateboarding and Sweaters
- Talk Hole: Zooming Through the Quarantine with Jeremy O. Harris